Would This Be Safe?

nola

Hi y'all, haven't been on here in a while! I've missed it here. I have a question for you all. Okay, so I was contacted by the company Ruffwear about doing a review of one of their harnesses (and a leash). I said sure! They're send the WebMaster harness is XXsmall (Ruffwear Web Masterâ„¢ - Supportive, Multi-Use Dog Harness).
I think it'll be great for my Nola (an escape artist), but I was wondering if it'd be safe to use the handle? The site says:
The Web Master Harness really gives you a handle on your dog. Built for assisting our canine companions up and over obstacles, it makes everything easier - from crossing turbulent creeks, to scrambling over rocks, to providing assistance to a rehabilitating dog.
Would it be safe on her back to use it to help her get in and out of the car (not that she needs help, I just want to stop her jumping), ect? I have my 10mo old niece a lot, and I don't always have both hands free to properly lift her in and out of the car.

TIA!

ldivinag

i saw their video a few nights ago.

i dont see how the straps UNDER the body is good for dogs like ours. i would like to see a fabric or material spread out UNDER the body instead. that way the load is distributed more than just the skinny straps.

i actually bought these for my 2 mixes from a local PETCO. it is their house brand harness, that has a spread out fabric around the chest area.

Petco Adjustable Mesh Harness for Dogs in Green & Gray at PETCO

they come is various colors and fabric designs... i can start to life my dogs with one hand and then bring up my other hand to further support them.