Wienerfest 2013 - Embro, Ontario, Canada

ClubCharlie

Hey everyone!
I'm new here - so I hope this is going in the right thread.

But I wonder if any of you are planning on heading to Wienerfest this year on Saturday, June 22nd?!
It will be held in Embro, Ontario, on a gorgeous, open-field lot.
I went last year for the first time - and Oh. Em. Gee. I have never seen anything like it! Wiener dogs EVERYWHERE!
And my Charlie had a blast as well! He even got his picture taken in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile lol (I'll scan it in when I have a chance.)

I know this forum is International - but I also know that this Ontario Wienerfest attracts people from all over -- so just wondering if anyone else is planning on going?

Here is the link to the information -- Come to Wienerfest in Embro, ON. The festival for Dachshunds -- I think they'll be updating the site soon with more info for 2013's event.

Penny

Sounds awesome!
We have a wienerfest as well in the fall. We rent an outdoor hockey rink that has big mature trees around it to provide some shade. There's already washroom facilities and parking for the venue. It's a blast, isn't it?? lol

ClubCharlie

Oh, such a blast!
I really didn't know what to expect last year when I went to our's for the first time -- but wow. I've never seen Charlie have so much fun!
He was like a little kid on the ride home, could barely keep his eyes open until he finally just fell asleep and stayed that way until we were home.
I also like the many chances to donate at ours to pet rescue foundations, and the like.

Steph

Last year was my first time at Wienerfest as well. Had a blast! Arelus even ran in the wiener races and placed 4, 2, and 3rd in the heats that he ran in.

We're going again this year - actually I just sent confirmation to the organizer that I would be available to help out and volunteer if they need me all she had to do was tell me what time and what station she wanted me at, lol

ClubCharlie

Ah so cool!
I watched the wiener races last year - and loved them! This year, Charlie is being entered. LoL He's a speed demon at home - so let's see how well he'll do "under pressure" ;)

I was thinking of volunteering this year -- but my sister and her fiance just moved home from up North, and they really want to go experience the "Fest that is Weiner" ;) .. so I think this year, I'm going to go and enjoy the festivities with them and volunteer next year.

Either way - so excited :)