Whiney Wiener

Casey, our 9 wk old, cries a lot when we leave for work. She has plenty of space to run in the kitchen, plenty of food, water, and a comfy kennel to sleep in. It breaks me heart to hear to cry so hard. She's got a kitty sister that will visit her and nuzzle her so I know she's not completely lonely. Is there anything I can do to ease her cries?

HilyBee

Give her a couple toys to play with that she can't chew apart (stuffing-less toys are my puppies favs to play with) and something to snuggle on/with like a blanket or bed. It really helped with our puppy when he whined all the time.

At 9 weeks old we were only leaving him for 3-4 hours max before we'd come home and visit for a few minutes. I don't know if that's an option for you, but you might want to try it. :) Now that our puppy is 4 1/2 mo. old he goes 6-8 hours between visits which is a full work day for me most of the time.

vizzla

She is to young to be alone. She will cry, she has just left her mother and saftey.

If you cant get anyone to keep her company during your workinghours, you must try to get her as calm as a baby can be.

Put something that smells like you in her bed. Limit her access to the whole house/appartment. That can make them more stressed. She can have only one room or two rooms to be in.

Good luck