what to do

vizzla

They need a reason to do things. They just dont do it for "free".

What motivates your dog most? We have one dog that only work for food/treats and another that is all for playing.

make sure you have the best candy, according to your dog, or the best play or toy.

I found that our insecure dog grew a lot when I exaggerate how happy I got for the little steps.

Make sure you dont demant to much at once. Take small steps. Let the dog get a treat for trying, not only when its perfect. Often we humans rush things.

Good luck!

HilyBee

We train with whole grain Cherrios as a treat. Like Vizzla said, they don't do anything for "free". Be as patient as possible. They will know when you are getting frustrated. Stick with one trick/task at a time - sit, stay, touch, etc. And like Vizzla said.. even if they are close, give them a treat! Encourage getting close a little and getting it correct a ton! :D I do short training sessions multiple times, 10 minutes max two or three times a day. Short sessions keep them interested without over taxing their minds and you still get some results. Good luck!

crystalclear1027

I put a blanket in half her crate, and a pee pad on the other half. It fixed the problem pretty quick. I would watch her and see her pee on the pad and praised her and gave her a treat, she learned within a couple of days.

Doxiemommy

That's the way we used to have it then one day she just decided oh I think ill eat it instead. So now she just destroys them :( thats why I'm like idk what to do

HilyBee

Have you considered getting a dog bed or pillow instead of a blanket? You could try one that is soft like a blanket on top. If she pees on that too (or tries to devour it), maybe she is trying to tell you she is unhappy about something.

Definitely try the praise/treat when she pees on the pad. If she is doing this while you are sleeping or not at home, make sure you take her out right before bed - no stops anywhere else after potty time, just straight to bed.

Doxiemommy

Have you considered getting a dog bed or pillow instead of a blanket? You could try one that is soft like a blanket on top. If she pees on that too (or tries to devour it), maybe she is trying to tell you she is unhappy about something.

Definitely try the praise/treat when she pees on the pad. If she is doing this while you are sleeping or not at home, make sure you take her out right before bed - no stops anywhere else after potty time, just straight to bed.
We do. Yeah Idk what to do. I'm gonna try getting her an actual bed

amparra

Train a dachshund to do what?

If you mean peeing in her crate then the space she has is too big. Dogs don't like to eliminate where they sleep. Make the space smaller with a divider so that she only has enough room to comfortably lay down, stand up, and turn around.

However, if this dog is from a pet store then you're going to have your work cut out for you since pet store puppies have been forced to eliminate in their crates already and are used to laying in their own mess. Hopefully this is not the case.