What do you do for dental care?

nola

What does everyone do for dental care with their Doxies? I've been brushing Nola's teeth since she was 12 weeks old, and they're in stellar shape.:D No tatar, no staining, no inflammation, no redness, no bad breath. She'll be 3 in Oct., but has the teeth of a 1 year old.
These were taken yesterday:

She also gets bully sticks, Kongs, hooves and the occasional Nylabone, but I'm not sure if those help at all.

Feel free to share pics!

Penny

Wow!! What a great job!
For sure we've seen such an improvement with brushing every day. Really saving a lot on vet bills and my seniors hopefully will be healthy longer too.

vizzla

We dont brusch :( I know I should...

But they get bully sticks and bones every day and we get them checked out at the vet regulary.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I don't brush either, but they get raw chicken necks, backs and drumsticks to helkp their teeth. I do, however have to scrape the tarter off Boo's teeth once a week... he's got awful teeth, which I tried brushing every day, but it dod no good. He's got receding gums, and everything gets stuck in where his gums should be, no matter how often I brush his teeth. It's just easier to clean his teeth once a week.

Oliver, my almost 5 year old big dog's teeth look like Nola's, even though I've never done anything for his teeth at all.