Raising two puppies at once

sevangelho

My husband and I went to pick up one little guy and ended up with two. I love both of them dearly and we want to raise them well.

Every search on the internet brings up "NO DON'T GET TWO AT ONE TIME" and it's causing me anxiety. The breeders suggested two because it would cause less separation anxiety and socialize them, but everything I'm ready states that they'll bond with each other & not you causing problems if they ever need to be separated. I could never give either of my boys up like people suggest.

We bought a second crate so that they both have their own space, but they currently sleep together, sometimes curled around each other, sometimes separated.

Does anyone have any advice for raising the two at one time? Or success stories? I find that dachshunds are very different than the big dogs I grew up with.

Thanks in advance.

vizzla

Give them time alone with you. Take one each and train separately. They need to see you as their leader, not eachother.

I think it can go perfectly! Dont listen to what everyone else says, Yes you may have to work harder but still, they may be more calm since they have eachother.

Dont neglect the obediencetraining just because they are two. and - TRAIN THEM SEPARATLEY! :) Good luck! You can do this! Im sure they are super cute! yes, dachshunds are not just dogs, they are special!