Question.

Tikki

Do you know what colours her dam and sire are? Is he registered as as a specific colour?

Most important though, does it matter to you if your cute little pup is chocolate or red?

If you or your son son loves the puppy, just love him whatever colour he is.

EDG23

Yes the dam was a red and sire was a dapple piebald. The puppy is a shaded red, so she gave me a few other options and we choseca shaded cream. We would have still gotten him and loved him dearly. It was such a hard decision as i would get them all if i could! Papers and the AKC mean nkthing to me i just wanted to add another family member to love. I did a ton of research on breeds and temperaments and fell in love with the long hair mini dachshunds. I just wanted a pet/family member so color didn't mean much, they are all so beautiful. But i will say my dream mini dachshund is a long haired chocolate dapple piebald!

Tikki

Sometimes the puppy you have dreamed of is not the colour you had dreamed of. Just love him as he is. And if he is not your dream long haired chocolate dapple piebaild mini - so what? Just love him for what he is and please never wish he was not what he is.

We all dream of what we want, but we all love what we have.

They chose us. So we love them for what they are. Not what we wish they might have been.

EDG23

Absolutely i already love Poppy and Jaxon so much. I was just saying im trying to talk my husband in to letting me get a chocolate dapple piebald girl that i found and is available.

Tikki

I just wanted a puppy and Tikki wanted me. I had never known pure bred Doxie - Tikki just happened to a half Doxie, half Minpin. But she needed a momma and I needed a bubba.

I had never known Doxies but oh how I would love a mini. I know it would never happen so I just love my half Doxie who will be four-years-old tomorrow, having been with me since she was just 3-weeks old.

Tikki

Why wont it happen?
I am too old for another puppy and my half Doxie is all I can cope with. I love her so much but I do not think she would be happy sharing me, and her space, with a puppy. But I really would love a mini although I know it is in my dreams.

Tikki

Oh how beautiful. Those Doxie eyes are to die for and I would love to have that gorgeous wubble in my life;

Tikki

I live in Israel so I do not think it would be possible to adopt a retired doxie from another country. And why whould people sell retired doxies? Would they not just wand a good forever home, not just sell them? There are far to many dogs in rescues without having sell those they no longer want.