Just popping in :)

jax's_mommy

Well would like to let my fellow doxie friends here know. The surgery was a success. Did have some complications though. Oxygen level wasn't great so they kept the breathing tube down my throat for another day (not the funnest)
Had to have a ABG test 2 times before they took it out.
Then when one of the nurses removed one of the machines from ICU (was in ICU from Wednesday till Friday-Saturday, Too out of it, don't remember which day lol) knocked the oxygen tube out of the wall, causing me to almost flatline. My O2 dropped from 96-98 down to 20's. Apparently I was out at least 2 minutes, as soon as they got the oxygen I was back to normal :) Although I did loose my hearing for nearly 24 hours cause of it. Thankfully they caught it, was able to give me steroids and my hearing came back full and well by the next morning. :)

Now Jax on the other hand went crazy without me. Our neighbors who took care of our babies, let me know that he would whine all night in my chair. And go crazy anytime they went in. Thinking it was me.
I came home Sunday evening, He was so excited, crying to get to me. We had to hold him back some so he didn't try jumping on me. He got plenty of love though :)
Had to go to a few places today, and he went nuts. Probably thinking I was leaving him. Poor baby :)

Anyway long chat done lol :)

garyd

There is no question that he loves you and missed you terribly! Glad for your good report, and hope your recovery continues.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Wow, sounds like a tough time was had by all! Poor you and poor Jax, but glad everything's on the mend! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Little Sophie

Great to hear that you're now doing ok! I wish you a speedy recovery! Aw Jax loves you so much, he couldn't hold back :p

Last edited:

jax's_mommy

Thank you all! :)

He certainly a special boy to have. I figured I would have a little trouble keeping him off me. He loves to lay in my lap the moment I sit. But he learned pretty quick he can't do that right now. Now he just sits calmly (for a couple seconds anyways lol ) to be loved on.

Thank you for the update. Jax by your side should keep you in the right frame of mind for quick healing.

Glad you survived the surgery and the nurses.

jax's_mommy

Thank you, and your welcome :)

After that, and after I realized what happened, I was very cautious about what was going on lol

babysis

Glad things went good for you! And that you are home from the Hospital! Wishing you a quick recovery! It's hard sometimes to think our "kids" miss us that much! Now you know, Jax is going to try and take care of you by making sure that you notice him in every aspect of everything that goes on...i.e. walking by your feet and tripping you. Okay that last part, I am kidding...Baby does that to me whenever I leave the house and come back after a few days!

~Nina

jax's_mommy

Thank you :)

He certainly is trying to trip me lol Following my every move. When I'm in the bathroom, he tries to dig under the door lol

That would be an interesting thread: Is your dog allowed in the bathroom with you?! We have had lots of feedback about where they sleep.

jax's_mommy

That would be very interesting lol Jax is only allowed when I'm taking a bath, along with along with the kitties, Other than that I keep them out lol