attached!

Doxiemommy

ok so we've had macy since the middle of may I think she was 9 weeks old when we got her. she spends most of her time with me as my husband is rarely home. when he is home she doesn't want much to do with him. she gets excited to see him but always ends up coming and sleeping on me. is this normal?

crystalclear1027

Yes, she is obsessed and bonded with you and you only. She loves your husband, but you are the main person in her life, it will be you always. Our puppy Augie is like that, he chose my daughter, he spends time with everyone in the household, but he always looks for her and has to be with her.

sherlock

Very normal! Dachshunds are very loyal dogs and will usually have their one "person", even out of a full family.

Dr. Watson is the same with me, a total momma's boy. He loves his daddy very much and loves to cuddle and play with him, but when I walk into the room/say something to him/get up from the couch/do anything else that gets his attention, he'll drop everything to come see what I'm up to.

Penny

Pretty normal to me!
Mine are the same. I feed them, take care of stuff for them. They can be very comfortable with hubby on the couch but if I sit down on a chair, they leave all the blankets and warm spots to cuddle on me. I'm the care giver so I like to think I've earned the cuddles. lol

athompson702

Sissy becomes attached to whoever is home with her during the day. During the weekend I work so my boyfriend is home with her all day and when I get home she greets me, gets her belly rubs then she goes back to him. During the week I'm home with her a couple days and she does the same with him, greets him, then comes and hangs out with me. She makes it even between us lol.

jax's_mommy

Yup, doxies are that way.
Jax is most certainly a momma's boy. He loves my husband too, will play with him and everything else. But when I come in, his attention is all on me.
While I was sedated at the hospital (i had surgery at the end of May) my husband and my mom (she came up from TX for the surgery) went home. They said Jax whined and searched like crazy for me, wouldn't pay them any attention. I came home after 5 days, you would've thought I had been gone a year the way he acted lol.
Since then, he cries and goes nuts if I just step out for a minute.

babysis

Yes very normal! Baby never wants anything to do with anyone except for me or when my mom shows up. When my bf comes home from work, all she wants is a treat then comes right back to me. She goes as far as she refusing to play with anyone unless it's me lately.

Peanut

At first Peanut was attached to my son. Immediately after we picked her up, of course my son wanted to hold her, so we put her in the back seat with him while he was in the carseat, and she immediately curled up beside him and was sleeping with him. She wanted nothing to do with my Fiance and I until about a week after getting her! I'm a stay at home mom, so she has officially become MINE. ;) She has her moments with my Fiance and my son, but it's mainly me.

Nemo, on the other hand, we got him at 8 weeks, and since then, he's always been attached to my hip. Not too fond of my son, but does get up in his lap once in awhile and gives him kisses. Only gets my Fiance if he has something. He went for about 2 months where he didn't really want anyone. He was a loner, it seemed. He's back to his normal self, though. Even more attached to me than before!

We're getting our third one in about a week and a half, and I wouldn't doubt that she be extremely attached to me as well.. It just happens like that because I'm home sooooo much more often.

They are truly loyal dogs to their family. They may have a preference towards me because I hold, pet, feed, water, and walk them.. But they still love on my son and Fiance!!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well Boo is the odd man out then lol... he wants everyone BUT me... and only settles for me if there's no one else lol... I live alone. I feed, walk, sleep with and everything else wih him... yet if someone shows up he forgets I exist! Lol