Traveling with your Doxie?

nola

Do y'all travel with your Doxies? Nola's been on every trip and vacation with me since I got her two years ago. She's a fantastic co-piolet:p, not to mention the perfect size to travel with. Since she earned her Canine Good Citizen, it's been even easier to find places to stay with her. Currently, she's been to:
All over Florida
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
West Virginia

In Atalanta, GA:

Birmingham, AL:

Richmond, VA:

Next fall her and I will be flying to Boston to explore the North East for two weeks, then in the spring after that she's going to Italy with me for 4-6 weeks. I can't wait!:D

sherlock

We don't really travel much, but we always take Watson with us, usually just to either my parent's or the in-law's. Next weekend we're going with the in-laws to a lake house, I'm really excited to take him!!!

Ha! We have bought a 5th wheel trailer just because of our doxies! I used to travel a lot for continuing education, and did not want to kennel our dogs, or worry about leaving them in a hotel room. So, we bought the 5th wheel and they go everywhere we go.

I've built a ramp so they can get in and out of the trailer without having to bound up and down steps.

They love it. We can leave them in the trailer for a few hours while we go and see sites or visit family that can't accommodate dogs.

vizzla

Like your pix :) Very nice.

We try to take our dogs with us wherever we go. But not many placese (hotells or hostels or campingcabins) allow dogs :(

THis summer we are going to drive to Oslo, Norway. I hope they like our dogs :)

Milo got kicked out of a dog lodge. Do you know how that feels? It was an ideal boarding place: a home with no cages, lots of walks, trips to the beach and other small dogs to play with. He could sleep with the owner. He gave up his chewing 6 months ago, but to calm himself at the lodge he went through blankets, a $200 jacket and a down sleeping bag.
We don't travel a lot but can't always take him. Keep him in the car while caring for someone in the hospital? I don't think so.
We have tried Best Friends (some kind of chain?) which is part play and part cage. In emails he says he's having a blast, but in the photos he looks depressed! He'll have to gets used to a place like that once in awhile.

vizzla

Ha! We have bought a 5th wheel trailer just because of our doxies! I used to travel a lot for continuing education, and did not want to kennel our dogs, or worry about leaving them in a hotel room. So, we bought the 5th wheel and they go everywhere we go.

I've built a ramp so they can get in and out of the trailer without having to bound up and down steps.

They love it. We can leave them in the trailer for a few hours while we go and see sites or visit family that can't accommodate dogs.
The best way to travel Im sure!! :) So fun for everyone :)