New addition to the family

GJBain

Here is the new add to the family. He is 5 months old. Trying to come up with a name for him (Red smooth standard). Suggestions?

Attachments

CaseyKC

He's so handsome and already looks so distinguished. Congratulations. Maybe the name of a male character from a Wagnerian opera? If he were a she, I would suggest Brunhilde, but that won't work. I'll think about it for awhile.

Penny

What a handsome looking boy! Congrats!
Ruger, Spike, Dexter (the monster!) Beau Basil Baxter Bentley

Can't wait to see more pics.

ClubCharlie

Aw adorable!

He looks like a Chester to me.

But then again, I'm a fan of the "CH" names.
If Charlie ever gets a brother, his name will be Chandler ;)

CaseyKC

Well, I couldn't think of a suitable Wagnerian male character, but I kept thinking about how distinguished he looks and thought maybe Jeeves.

Barron

He's adorable, and so sweet while sleeping.

Let's see a photo when he's in full gear! That's when the naming begins LOL

My dogs name changed daily for the first two weeks. When he was eating my shoes, it was one name, when he peed on the floor, it was another, and when he was cuddled up next to me on the sofa, it was another!

After he settled, he became Barron, but he had to earn this one!

CaseyKC

"My dogs name changed daily for the first two weeks. When he was eating my shoes, it was one name, when he peed on the floor, it was another, and when he was cuddled up next to me on the sofa, it was another! " Barron

LOL Barron, my Libby should have been named "Roomba" after the robot vacuum. I never have a scrap of food on the floor thanks to her diligence in "cleaning" it up. If my youngest granddaughter is visiting and sitting in the high chair eating, anything that falls off the tray, or gets dropped on the floor is cleaned up instantly thanks to Libby's eagle eye and mouth.

GJBain

Well....... His name he was born with was Colby. My brother has a Colby so I did not want to have another Colby in the family. I really liked the name Ruby but my wife says it is more of a girls name. We thought about Ruger, and Barron among others. I like the name Jack so we named him Jack Ruby (like Oswald's killer). Turns out after doing some reading that Jack Ruby had a bunch of Dachshunds. Here are a couple more pictures, One of them is with our 2 year old Brandy.

Attachments

Penny

Very handsome man. If your wife didn't like Ruby, you still could go with Rudy! Rudy red man. lol

Are his nails dark brown instead of black?

GJBain

Very handsome man. If your wife didn't like Ruby, you still could go with Rudy! Rudy red man. lol

Are his nails dark brown instead of black?
We almost did name him Rudy. Redman was another option put we know the people that took his brother and they named him Redman.
Nails are black

Attachments