lump around hip bone?!

Doxiemommy

So my baby macy has a lump or a knot around her hip bone. Its not actually on the bone just under the skin but I'm really worried. Has anyone else had this? She has a ve apt tomorrow

HilyBee

Is it soft and squishy? Painful when you touch it? Look like an insect bite or sting? I've only dealt with small injuries from other animals (like insects or out cat when the dog doesn't get the hint lol) and cysts. Let us know what the vet says! That's definitely the best thing to do - get a vet's opinion right away!

Doxiemommy

Her brother has one too but in his rib. It is kinda soft kinda feels like a grape you can see it raised up on top of her skin to. It might be a mosquito bite?? They swarm her outside. It doesn't hurt her though

Doxiemommy

my husband thinks that it might be from her shots she had about maybe a week and a half ago because he says its in the same spot

Dachloves201

What shots did she and your other doxie get. I remember this happening to one of my pups my schnoodle I believe after her first Bordatella or it may have been rabies, I can't recall the exact one now. However, I did notice she developed a quarter sized raised knot near the outside shoulder area where she got a shot it was there for a few weeks my BF at the time and I decided to watch it and if it grew or got painful to take her in and have it checked out. It's not uncommon for them to have a little injection site tissue swelling reaction so that may be it but if it worries you or bothers your little one then most definitely take her in! :D

The fact both your pups have one and they both got shots makes me think that's what it is. Usually if they are just giving a vaccine that can be subcutaneous (under the skin) they just choose a place with a little extra skin and give the injection. It truly depends on the doctor or Vet tech that gave the shot as to the spot they choose.

All in all, my pups swelling went down after about 2 weeks but some can last longer or years if it bothers you or her please don't hesitate to take your little one in :)

Last edited:

Doxiemommy

She just had her rabies shot the first of this month not really sure exact date but ill definitely watch it. Thank you! Never had a dog so I'm like what do I do haha

vizzla

How old is your dog?

Our boy Alf got a lump on his back leg. It was histiocytom - small lumps on young dogs (up till 2years) that goes away by it self. It often sits at legs or head.

HilyBee

Definitely could be from shots like others have said. I've never had any problems with shot reactions, but we also take precautions and get an Benadryl shot at the same time for them. Always works!