Little Eric

Hi everyone. I just have a couple of questions regarding my almost 4 month year old doxie. First I was wondering if anyone can tell if he's a mini? Also is the colouring on his nose strange?

I can't tell if he's a mini, but I can tell he is awful cute!

Nice coloring on the nose. PD's nose has a brown tone mixed in with the black, similar to Eric's.

Penny

Oh my goodness! It's a little pink arrow pointing to his mouth to feed him. lol

My Georgia has that but I think it's faded since she's gotten older. I just thought it was part of her pie coloring.

Inkeri

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)
Eric is such a cutie!! I love his nose. :) I've seen that stripe on puppy-noses, but usually it fades away as they get older. Take pics while it's still there! ;)

sherlock

The nose is definitely normal, and always so cute! As for being a mini, how much does he weigh right now?

crystalclear1027

he looks like our augie

He is a cutie! Augie is a mini, when he was 4 mos, he weighed 4 1/2 lbs. He is now 7 mos and he now weighs 8 lbs.

He's around 5.5 pounds. He eats a lot!! But he's not fat, quite muscular and getting longer :)
Besides a bit of nipping, we're finding it hard to make him wee or poo outside. He has only been allowed out from last weekend so he's still unsure. Any tips? Ps. this forum is ace!

Last edited:

sherlock

Ohhh such a cutie! If he's 5.5 lbs at 4 months, he's sounds like a mini.

As for potties, if he hasn't been out until lately, he's probably kinda scared! It's a big place with lots of new smells! It will take a lot of patience...and probably a few bottles of pee spray for the carpet. Just keep trying and stay on a tight schedule, and dole out lots and lots of attention when he does it right!

Toilet training within the apartment hasn't been too bad. 90% of the time he goes on his pad. But he usually will only poo near a door. And sometimes he wees near the front door too :confused:

schierling

Mini or Maxi

Hi everyone. I just have a couple of questions regarding my almost 4 month year old doxie. First I was wondering if anyone can tell if he's a mini? Also is the colouring on his nose strange?

I really can't tell if he is a mini, but my guys were supposed to be mini and they were tiny when they came home, but eventually turned into more maxi than mini. I will say I have seen a standard and mine are much smaller and this little guy looks like he is definitely not a standard size.

Regardless, you will love him no matter what size he gets because dachshunds make you love them. His nose is adorable and makes him unique.

All-in-all, a package that is too cute to ignore!:D