Insect Stings?

sherlock

Okay, just to let everyone know, Watson has not been stung. At least not yet.

But we do have some wasps floating around our porch, and he likes to snap at them, because he likes to eat bugs, because he's special. I'm just prepping myself in case anything happens. What do I do about an insect sting? Does he need to go to the vet, or will he just be uncomfortable for a while?

I'm assuming that if he catches one and it stings him in the mouth, I should run him to a vet.

I've tried Googling it some, but I'm finding mixed results (between keeping an eye on it and taking them in.)

Does anyone have advice or past experience?

crystalclear1027

Augie was stung about 3 weeks ago on the side of his nose, it swelled up and lt looked like he had an abseced tooth. We gave him a dog aspirin and put neosporin on it a couple of times a day. The swelling went down, it took about two days and he was fine.

sherlock

Great! Well, I mean, not great that he got stung, but great that it doesn't require a trip to the vet. Thank you!!

It's actually funny that I'm worrying so much...my beagle (parent's beagle) has been bitten by copperheads like 5 times, and I know that doesn't hurt them (sick for about 24 hrs and then fine) but a little insect has me all up in arms!!!

crystalclear1027

I was scared to see his face like that, but we knew because it happens to our lab at least once a month. They go out in the yard this time of year and put their noses everywhere and this is bound to happen. It doesn't seem to hurt, just looks bad.