Exercise for puppy

Hi our puppy is 4 months old and we have read info saying he should only have a ten minute walk every other day. He gets to rest in day whilst we are at work and sleeps (as seen on our Web cam). He is very active and usually we enjoy long walks with him. If he gets tired he looks at us to pick him up but usually can walk quite far. I'm concerned as i read that long walks can damage the puppy? Any advice?

sherlock

When Watson was that young, we just played lots of squeaker games inside! At that age he didn't really "fetch" as in go-get-it-bring-it-back, but he would chase it when we threw it, run around with it, etc. He would just play and play and eventually wear himself out :)

Edit - up until about 8 or 9 months, sometimes he wouldn't even get tired. Just a big ball of energy, all the time. Finally we would just put him in his kennel for a nap so he didn't overdo it.

HilyBee

Hi our puppy is 4 months old and we have read info saying he should only have a ten minute walk every other day. He gets to rest in day whilst we are at work and sleeps (as seen on our Web cam). He is very active and usually we enjoy long walks with him. If he gets tired he looks at us to pick him up but usually can walk quite far. I'm concerned as i read that long walks can damage the puppy? Any advice?
Ooohhh that's interesting! Our vet told us to take our mini on 2-3 five minute walks a day at this age (our puppy is also four months old) and have minimum 15 minute play sessions at least twice a day. I would ask your vet at your next round of shots what they recommend. It seems to be different for each dog.

My first doxie at one year old was only allowed max of two 15 min walks a day and max two 15 min play sessions daily. He was also a standard with serious healthy conditions.

We are in South Korea and communication is a little difficult but will try and ask. He's finished with shots now just got rabies next week. He seems to enjoy the long walks and we are active people, I 'm just worried it is bad for his health/body although he's just as keen as we are! He also gets lotsssss of playtime. Basically he only really sleeps when we are at work and at night time.