Dachshund Coats

Nell

Winter is coming.....yuk! and I would love to know if anyone has found any good websites for dachshund coats..........

If you have a good knitting pattern for a jumper as well please share :)

nola

I have one from DoxandDane on Etsy, and I have one from Cozy Hound on the way. I'm also getting her a Ruffwear one in the fall.
The best sweater I found was from Walmart for $5. It fits her perfect!

babysis

I don't know if she sells internationally but there is a lady who does specialize in coats for our little one's in the winter. Excellent website, I have purchased stuff from her in the past. Or just check it out! Wildchild Pet Fashions

Nell

Thank you for the lovely suggestions! I have really enjoyed looking at them.

Rain is the main problem in the UK! lol, so am probably going to have to go for something water proof plus a couple of jumpers for at home.

I have been scouring the net for some knitting patterns for doxies and there is not much out there, this could be my hobby for my retirement and something to do on those winter evenings!

If anyone knows of some good patterns please can you point me in the right direction.

jarredfeet

I don't know if she sells internationally but there is a lady who does specialize in coats for our little one's in the winter. Excellent website, I have purchased stuff from her in the past. Or just check it out! Wildchild Pet Fashions
They got good line of coats and dress, boy vests are great too!

Nell, I found this discussion that you might want to check Sweater for Dachshund - KnittingHelp.com Forum
Ravelry surely got good patterns but they are not free, portion of the profit goes to a rescue center.

BTW, its raining hard here already with very cold wind blowing and we wanted and we are checking this site for heated bed for red Heated Dog Beds: 2 Day Sale - 30% Off + Ships Free , his previous owner said he loves it he tried to chew his beds before. It will be his first winter with us, if you have any experience with his bed, please share. He seemed lessen his chewing habit over this last months but we don't know when its very cold.

babysis

Nell, out in Washington State (U.S.) it rains about 9 months out of the year! I feel you on the rain!

Jarredfeet, the lady used to come into a store that I worked in a few years ago and would buy loads of fabric! We'd talk for quite a while. If your little one has chewed up beds before, I would wait on the heated beds. Maybe try a heated blanket that he can cuddle up in. Thanks for the links!

tunis

Winter is coming.....yuk! and I would love to know if anyone has found any good websites for dachshund coats..........

There is one on ebay at the moment, I bought the same last week and am halfway through knitting it. There are 4 other dog patterns on the same sheet.

tunis

I have put a pic.(on albums) of a daschund jumper/hoodie I have knit, see what you think.

Penny

That is a fabulous coat! Beautiful. I would really be proud to show that off if I had sewn it. lol

I do prefer sweatshirts, because they keep the chest warm and dry. Coats like one above have them getting their chest wet and cold. Sweatshirts are fine for boys too.