Can You Help Me Find?

BanjoBoy

Hello,

I haven't been on in an a very long time. I have been very busy and something very bad happened to my Banjo (Standard Dachshund), and with a broken heart I must say that he didn't pull through...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcvAaCv1bw]Rest In Peace, Banjo - YouTube[/ame]

I am looking for another Standard Dachshund, but I am really wanting to find one like Banjo. Not exactly like Banjo as no other dog can ever replace him. I can't seem to find any like him though. He was AKC registered (lost papers).

Height: 13.5", medium sized.

Weight: 35-40 pounds.

Color: I don't care about color, I care about the personality though.

Price: 500-1500+ shipping.

The pictures that you see are of Banjo.

RIP Banjo

January 15-2007-November 2, 2012.

My apology's for this being long. If you know anyone who has what I'm looking for please reply or private message me. I'm not ready yet as I have a puppy coming already (Border Collie), but when I move out of my parents house I will be searching for sure. I just think it's very important to start a friendship with ANY potential breeder of mine. Thank you so much for reading.

Attachments

• 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 88
Sorry to hear about your boy, RIP Banjo.

Standards are few and far between, BUT they are still out there - mostly in show circles. I know of some people that still have standards. Would you be willing to take on an adult that's retired or are you definitely wanting a puppy?

Let me see what I can dig up for you :)

Dec 31 - 6:30 est...ok, so the only standards I can find right now are: Seacrest Dachshunds, Lucene Dachshunds and Tanlerdox. All show kennels, but you never know they may have the perfect pup for you :)

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your boy! :(

I cant help you find anotherone but hope someone else can :)

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your boy, RIP Banjo.

Standards are few and far between, BUT they are still out there - mostly in show circles. I know of some people that still have standards. Would you be willing to take on an adult that's retired or are you definitely wanting a puppy?

Let me see what I can dig up for you :)

Dec 31 - 6:30 est...ok, so the only standards I can find right now are: Seacrest Dachshunds, Lucene Dachshunds and Tanlerdox. All show kennels, but you never know they may have the perfect pup for you :)

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'd take a retired dog and or a puppy. I am just really hoping to find one that was like Banjo. I miss him horribly still and sometimes can't believe he's still gone. He's been gone for 2 months now...:(

You may never find a perfect Banjo again, all dogs are individualls. Let your memory of Banjo live in your heart and make room for another uniqe doxi in your life :)

You may never find a perfect Banjo again, all dogs are individualls. Let your memory of Banjo live in your heart and make room for another uniqe doxi in your life :)

I definitely know there will never be another Banjo, ever. :) I want to add another Standard Dachshund to my family when I move out, but I am finding it to be difficult.

In sweden I think we have more standards than minis... At least huntingdogs, few minis.
So here it is easy to find a standard :)

Hope you get what you looking for!

Banjo Boy, so sorry to hear of your pet passing away. I think most of us here know how horrible that feels - for a very long time. I still miss my Brandee-Cherie, a precious 12 year old pekingese that I had from eight weeks old.

When you are ready, you may find a standard in one of your local shelters. You might give them a call and let them know you are looking for a standard. My good friend and neighbor (and the person who encouraged me to consider a doxie) did just that. And sure enough, she found a gorgeous all black standard about two years old. Since the shelter neuters and vets them, he was all set to go. He's been a wonderful companion for her.

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes..:D

Banjo Boy, so sorry to hear of your pet passing away. I think most of us here know how horrible that feels - for a very long time. I still miss my Brandee-Cherie, a precious 12 year old pekingese that I had from eight weeks old.

When you are ready, you may find a standard in one of your local shelters. You might give them a call and let them know you are looking for a standard. My good friend and neighbor (and the person who encouraged me to consider a doxie) did just that. And sure enough, she found a gorgeous all black standard about two years old. Since the shelter neuters and vets them, he was all set to go. He's been a wonderful companion for her.

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes..:D

Thank you very much!! :D

Back