Blast From The Past...

Dachloves201

I squealed with joy and also had a flood of memories this evening while talking to my mother. She happened to find a post from way back in 2008 that she had put up on the community.dog forum where she was introducing the doxies we've owned. All my babies were cute... Tigger my was my sensitive sweetheart and so handsome. My baby Mo-Mo was so cute and My other baby Mr. Stormi so precious! :D

Hi,

I recently joined the forum again and wanted to share some photos of our dachshunds.

TIGGER:

Tigger was our first dachshund we got back in 1997. He died at about age three (long story). He was the best dog and i miss him tremendously. He had the habit of dragging his bottom on the floor when he had to do #2 so it was very easy to know when to take him to the bathroom. :eek:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIZMO:

This is Gizmo (puppy) our 2nd doxie. We got him several years later when our search for a chocolate an tan doxie was not successful. We bought him from a local breeder and he has always acted very regal like he's a show dog although we bought him as a pet. We say he "thinks he's cute". He actually is very handsome and i wished I had photos of him now but couldn't locate any. He looks like a girl dog (if that makes any sense) and people always mistaken him for a girl. He will do "Nothing" unless there's something in it for him (a treat). He's 8 year old now. My daughter moved out last Sept and took him with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORMI:

This is Stormi's (puppy photo) he's the 3rd dachshund we've owned. We got him 2 years after gizmo as a playmate (he's 6 now). Little did we know that Gizmo would "NOT" be thrilled. Stormi got his name as he was all over the place. We felt like his main mission was to terrorize Gizmo. However, one day when Gizmo didn't know i was watching i saw him jump all over Stormi which got him riled up. I then knew it was Gizmo that was the trouble maker. Stormi is very jealous of any attention given to Gizmo. However Stormi is very loving and will do anything for you for a belly rub or a hug. He doesn't need a treat to get him motivated. My daughter also took him when she moved out.
--------------------------------------------------------------
??? Future Doxie Puppy

No name has been carved in stone but we last week purchased a new dachshund since as i said above my daughter took the other 2 with her. We purchased them when my daughter was a teenager so she was attached to them and they to her. Also since she's staying alone it would be better if they were with her. However that left us without a dog. I wanted to allow the twins to help pick out our new family pet so i asked what their preferences were.

One twins doesn't care as long as it's a dog and the other has a specific request;

"It must be a cream colored doxie".

We were fortunately to find one at a reasonable price. Thus my avatar below display a cream doxie as that is what we will soon have.

Once i get him i will also share his photo
----------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. :D I didn't realize she had ever posted this and was pretty attached to my little guys herself. :) We talked a bit today about Gizmo and I let her know he was home. She told me she's still pretty down and upset about his passing. My little sisters right now don't want to talk too much about the whole thing right now so they are hurting too :( My plan though is to take my other pups over there this weekend and bring a little energy and love into their house and have a good time and my pups will get to play with their Creme Doxie, Snickers, as well. :)

Snickers is a loveable little pup and he seems to love me dearly even though I'm just a temporary weekend guest. He would often come visit me and spend the night with his doggie cousins. :D I will try to snag a picture of Snickers if I can to post as well since Creme is such a rareity and he's just a cutie! He's such a ball of energy I may have trouble keeping him still for a shot :p