weird habits

doxiemoxie

ok we have two doxies. zippy is male and supposedly a miniature...according to the vet hes not just by his weight but our standard doxie, Annie is a lot longer then he is,...anyway zippys is about 2 and has been neutered...his only weird habit is that he does the soldier crawl on the ground...i/e drags his belly on the ground..he also likes to snuggle..annie is older, about 7 and she is spayed. both of them like to be held on thier back like a baby but annie is weird in that she likes her belly popped...kinda like giving someone a pink belly but not that hard. she never hollers she just wags her tail at the speed of light and tries to lick your face like ooh do it again..we call her the masochistic weenie..anyone else's dog do this? i love these little stubborn dogs

sherlock

I've never tried anything quite like that, but Watson loves belly tickles, to the point where it feels like you're digging your fingers into him! He also loves to be held on his back like a baby. My SO started holding him like that when he was a wee-tiny puppy, and even now as soon as you flip him over like that, he instantly calms down. They're silly little things.

doxiemoxie

lol yeah ours would rather be held like a baby then any other way...they will fall asleep like that. they are so funny. am i the only one who gives my doxies nicknames? annie's full name is annabell but we call her weenie, annie annaweinabelle, edweena von hotdog...zippy is zippy, zippmeister, zipperdoodle, zippy doodle mini wiener, doodle, zippmeister von frankfurt...we are crazy lol...

sherlock

lol yeah ours would rather be held like a baby then any other way...they will fall asleep like that. they are so funny. am i the only one who gives my doxies nicknames? annie's full name is annabell but we call her weenie, annie annaweinabelle, edweena von hotdog...zippy is zippy, zippmeister, zipperdoodle, zippy doodle mini wiener, doodle, zippmeister von frankfurt...we are crazy lol...
Watson's full name is Dr. J.H. Watson Chewbacca Dog. Seriously. We also call him Little Man (DH has a certain way that he says it that makes Watson come running!), Momma's Little Man, Little Doctor, and I also like to call him "Short Legs Long Dog", hehehe. And of course Baby and Buddy.

doxiemoxie

thats cute!. when we are calling annie we just holler weenie over and over. she comes flying...shes such a diva though. if its raining and she has to go out, we have to make her go down the stairs or she will go on the porch. she hates the rain. zippy doesnt care. annie loves to "sing" we say weenie over an over in a high pitched voice or whine and she starts singing an the other dogs join in. its quite loud