Skin conditions for Dixie

peanuto5

Hello everyone, I'm about at my wits end , my girl Lola constantly licks her butt, I already know about anal glands , she's been to the vet for licking paws as well, now the paws have cleared up, now the butt, so I'm thinking allergies, changed the food to lamb and rice, what can I do to help her with the itch, she also wears the collar, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

vizzla

Can your vet do any allergy test? Easiest if you know exactly what causes the itching.

Have you taken her off any candy and treats? I have heard that chicken treats often make dogs react.

Good luck and hope she gets better soon.

Ps. Our boy gets dry skin and starts licking his butt. He has licked so much (probibly at night when we havent seen it) that it made a wound, so we had to go to the vet to clean it. Now when we see him start licking, we put his collar on (plastic cone) and the vet told us to put some cream that humans use if they have an itchy butt, i dont know the name of it.. Then it clears up at once.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well, I personally would switch to a food that only has a single protein (like Acana or Natural Balance)and no grains, or better yet, raw or homecooked. She definately has allergies, so if you can afford it, maybe get allergy testing done.