Pregnancy Week by Week

Nikky5000

In 10-15 days we should have puppies joining us :D They are fully formed they are only gaining weight and growing in size. Can't wait to see them and the colors and patterns they chose :)

Nikky5000

We think Starr is going to have them next week sometime during the week she is on day 50 today. She can safely have them as early as day 57. We are thinking she will have them between day 57 and day 61.

Nikky5000

He is definitely cute. He is tge sweetest dog ever. He lives on this big farm it is so cute to watch him chase the all the farm birds

Nikky5000

Starr is starting to really nest and is going to the bathroom constantly I think she is starting to feel the pressure of the puppies. I am hoping she can just wait 7 more days.

Nikky5000

I am too impatient so I am going to take Starr to the vets tomorrow for her x-rays. Will post pics or will I? I might make everyone wait to see how many there are.

Nikky5000

A little disappointed I just got a call from the vet a dog got hit by a car. So they rescheduled me for tomorrow first thing in the morning. But I completely understand it's an emergency if my dog got hit by a car I would want them to make room in their schedule. So tomorrow I will get x-rays.

Nikky5000

It's so crazy I know Starr is pregnant but all I can think of is my old vet telling me on the phone she isn't pregnant. I know she is though because I feel the puppies very clearly and when she is sleep you can see them moving.

Nikky5000

Starr can't eat as much as she wants because of the puppies and I can it bothers her because she wants to finish her meal but just cant. So I am going to let her free feed. It will be better and easier that way she will feel no pressure to eat her whole meal.

Nikky5000

Everyone is betting how many puppies she is going to have my mom thinks 7 my sisters think 5-6 I don't know what to think. We took her in for her x-ray but it was so stressful for her being in a new place lots of strangers wanting to greet her me and the vet discussed it and came to the conclusion that forcing the x-ray wasn't a good idea so we just talked he listened to the heart beats with a stethoscope and from what he can tell the puppies sound great. He also told me if she wasn't eating enough or getting enough nutrition I can give her puppy milk and that will help but from what he could tell she looked fine. He also confirmed what I knew that her mucus plug is completely gone.:)

Nikky5000

I just bought some Nutri-cal for puppies. I plan to use for Starr during the whelping process it will help give her energy and help with contractions. I also plan to use for fading puppies if were needed don't think we will have any problems but better safe than sorry.

Attachments

lucerogina

Poor girl. I know she will be happy when the pups are here and she can stretch out again. Just a few more days Starr and then you will be a mama!

Loving my Elliott,
Gina

Nikky5000

We'll all be happy once they're here. Today she is spending a lot of time stretched out and puppies are moving a lot I think they are starting to get in place and line up for the big event. She just needs to hold on for 3 more days and she's in the clear.

Last edited: