New Mini From alberta canada

kittiekatt

Hi My mini and I are from Alberta Canada and ive joined this site to chat with other Dachshund owners about my little man, and to get some advice and help as im having some problem with my little one and as im new to owning my own i figure who better to help then you guys. But i wont go into the issues here as this is the introduction forum :)

My mini was born from a registered dapple mini black male and an auburn unregistered mini mom. We lucked into him through my brother who bought one of his brothers, we did a week trial with him to ensure our 3 year old fixed female Rottweiler would be okay with another dog around, and that it would be safe for this little man to join our clan. We also took him to our vet and had him checked for health as well as to ensure he didnt have any genetic abnormalities, he came home with a 100% bill of health if you dont count the worms most puppies come with. I also run a dayhome and even though i keep the animals separate from the dayhome i wanted to ensure the kids wouldnt drive him crazy (i keep them separate because i dont feel my animals should suffer or be punished or even put down if something happens due to a child irritating my pups and they react in dog fashion). Things went great and our female loves having him around. We decided within a few hours we were keeping him but went the full week to give our pups time to bond. We named him Gir (if your an invader zim fan you will understand). And that is how he became a big part of our family a month and a half ago. To date he is now 16 weeks old and a bundle of bouncy cuddly happy energy :) (with a few quirks as all new members come with lol)

Attachments