New member with a Double Dapple

Doug

Hello I'm a new member from Texas. We recently lost our very much loved dapple dachshund Henry to Pancreatitis. He was about ten years old and a huge part of our family. After a lot of tears, heart ache, and soul searching we decided to adopt again.

About two weeks ago we were lucky enough to welcome Casper into our family! He is a double dapple we found on a Texas dachshund rescue site. He's about a 1 year old and as sweet as they come! He is helping us heal from our loss of Henry. He has already made a long trip to the ranch and a camping trip to the beach with us. He had a great time and is fitting in wonderfully! We are thrilled to have him and hope to give him the life he deserves!

Like a lot of doubles he is deaf (don't tell him though, I don't think he knows :) ). That's what got me looking on the net for information and is how I found this site. We are learning as he does about hand signals and other stuff.

Here's a couple of pics of my new best friend!!!

Attachments

Penny

Hi and welcome from Canada!
Thank you for adopting a deaf pup from rescue! Wishing you both many happy, healthy, loving years together.

Be sure to post more pics of ranch life and beach fun while we are under an extreme cold warning. I could use a mental vacation down where you are! lol