New member and new to breed

Penny

Hi and welcome from Canada! Love that you posted photos!! Good job!
How did you decide to get a doxie when you had 2 dogs already?
Did you need a dog that would cuddle with you under a blanket when you watched tv? lol

LucyGoosy

lol, yeah, actually. I wanted a little thing to snuggle w/. We're used to big dogs. I LOVE GSDs, have always wanted a Basset... looked into weenies before I got the basset, but decided on one.

This past year, I've had back surgery and developed Fibromyalgia so I spend a lot of time home and sitting now. My basset told us he's allowed to lay on the couch and that he's a lap dog, but he is 50 lbs and leaves bruises on me when he 'snuggle's' which is he lays over top of me.

I wanted something small I could cuddle with when I'm feeling yucky and something that's not going to cause more pain due to their heavy weight.

We happened to stumble across Lucy, who needed a home due to a landlord not approving of her. It kind of just happened fast and well, here she is. She's so fun, very cute, really bouncy and snuggly.

She did fantastic w/ potty the first 3 days, but now she's comfortable and laying, she's been having accidents.. sigh... I keep a hawk eye on her as much as I can. She has no fear when it comes to the other dogs and just rolls around and plays w/ them.