New harness

Penny

Beautiful! It looks good on him.
As a harness maker myself, I'd love to see the harness laying flat on the floor so I can see the colors and pattern better.

sherlock

So cute!!! I'd love to see either the pattern you use or the harness laying flat...I definitely want to make one for Watson!

Penny

I do have 2 videos on harnesses if you want to figure out how to make a pattern for your dachsie...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsRy9BJMKdI]Sewing a harness Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSVm_hwzFg]Sewing a harness Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

sherlock

Thank you!!!! The awesome thing is that I just started working at Joann (a fabric/craft store, for those of you not in the states or if you don't have them around you) so I'll probably be making several in different colors!!!

Penny

Oh boy! What a blast! How are you going to resist?? lol
Don't forget that reflective tape is a very nice safety feature and easy to incorporate into a harness. I know on hot days, sunset is nice to go walking so that tape gives some peace of mind.

babysis

Great Job! I wish I had the time to do that, but you all are starting to inspire me to make time!

sherlock

Oh boy! What a blast! How are you going to resist?? lol
Don't forget that reflective tape is a very nice safety feature and easy to incorporate into a harness. I know on hot days, sunset is nice to go walking so that tape gives some peace of mind.
I'm also thinking I might do one made of fleece so he can just wear that instead of his little jacket when it gets cold! (We're in north Texas, so "winter" is a flexible term and it doesn't get down below freezing often, so he doesn't need a huge coat.)

HilyBee

GORGEOUS boy you have there. He is very photogenic. :D I wish I had a sewing machine... I would totally be making my little guy a new harness. I love the idea of a fleece lined one for the fall and winter and a lighter weight one for the spring and summer. I live in KY. The weather here is pretty extreme. We still see snow into the late Spring or 85*F (or higher!) in the middle of Winter. lol

sherlock

GORGEOUS boy you have there. He is very photogenic. :D I wish I had a sewing machine... I would totally be making my little guy a new harness. I love the idea of a fleece lined one for the fall and winter and a lighter weight one for the spring and summer. I live in KY. The weather here is pretty extreme. We still see snow into the late Spring or 85*F (or higher!) in the middle of Winter. lol
Ugh, same here! Well, usually not snow, but it was in the the 40's just a couple of weeks ago!! Dr. Watson still have his winter fluff cause it keeps going up and down and his poor little body doesn't know what to do!

HilyBee

Ugh, same here! Well, usually not snow, but it was in the the 40's just a couple of weeks ago!! Dr. Watson still have his winter fluff cause it keeps going up and down and his poor little body doesn't know what to do!
Yosuke is just a puppy still but his fur is THICK because of the constant changing weather. Same thing, his fur doesn't know what to do! So not fun trying to maintain. I wish it would slow down for a bit, but right now it's growing like weeds. lol

Penny

Thanks for the extra photos. Very nice!
Good colors so he doesn't disappear in the grass. lol

vizzla

Wow I have never thought about making a harness. I am always fighting with the right size.
I Always make a modell of hard paper so I can fit it to the right size. Then when I cut the fabric I make it just a little bit larger så I can cut it to perfect size :) Its a bit of work but it fits great after... :)

I like harness-vest. THey look good and they seem more comfortble for the dog.