New and in need of help

Pasley

hi, everyone i am new here. Also i am new to the breed. I just got my first a few months ago. Her name is Abbie. She is a little over a year old. But she still potties on my floor. I can take her out side for over an hour and she will rush back in and pottie on the floor. I have pottie pads out and she will only use them sometimes. Is there anything i can do. I have never had a doxie before so i am not sure how to handle this. We are buying a new house and if i can not get this under control some how i may have to find her a new home. I do not want to do that cause i love my new baby very much.

JPsMOM

A few thoughts... What do you know about her previous life? Where she was potting maybe? Also, could there be something outside frightening her or making her uncomfortable? My guy doesn't like long grass or wet grass. Or rain. Challenging, but once I found the precise high value treat he likes, he will go for me. His is a few nibbles of a cheese slice. I try something else and I am asking for a backside lol. It took a few months... He is now 6 months old, I rescued him as a baby, and he just recently had a full week no accidents. He rings a bell by the front door to go out. I know your girl is a bit older, but from what I understand you have to start over like she is a pup. Pottying 101 lol. Don't give up. I wanted to at times. I thought I had made a mistake getting him at times and I felt horrible for feeling it. But we got through it. It just takes time and diligence.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk