Little white solid bumps

Riso1008

Hi' I'm new to this forum and wondering if anyone can help. My 5 year old female Doxie has these small solid white bumps on her skin near her armpits and scattered on her belly. The vet scraped them to see if it is a bacterial or fungal infection which turns out is neither. She suggested doing skin biopsy since these skin bumps are too small to aspirate. I have been researching and researching to see if I can find anything similar to what she has but nothing fits the description. The bumps are not red, not itchy although she does lick at them here and there but not driving her crazy, not painful, and are solid not fluid/pus filled. She has had these bumps for a few months now. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar? I don't want to put her through general anesthesia and a procedure if it's nothing major but on the other hand I don't want to ignore it if it's something serious like cancer. Thanks!

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK!

Sorry to hear you are worried about your little one, are the lumps just under the surface of the skin or a little deeper? how many are there and are there any other symptoms?

Would it be possible to post a photo of the lumps?

Riso1008

She doesn't have any other symptoms. She is eating/drinking fine and her activity level is normal. The bumps are just on her skin and don't go any deeper. The Vet called them masses so that is why I'm trying to research what they are. The picture shows bumps located around her right armpit area. Its the same on the left side and then scattered on her belly. You can see the bumps are small when comparing them to my daughter's fingers.

Attachments

Nell

I guess a biopsy is the only way you will get a definitive answer but as there are no other symptoms I don't think I would be too worried about them. Is there any chance you think it could be an allergy to something?

You could try keeping this photo for a week to see if any disappear or whether any new ones appear?

crystalclear1027

Dachshunds are known for skin problems, they almost look like skin warts, try some neosporin on them twice a day and see if that makes a difference.

Riso1008

Thank you for the replies. My daughter and I purposely took the pics so we could compare them at a later date. I'm thinking if it is an allergy that she would be bothered by it more. Hopefully it is just skin tags. Thanks again. If I do end up doing the biopsy I will post what it is.