Hi

cmoore

New member here. This is Porkchop when he was a little guy. He's a little over 3 now. Just about the best Dog in the whole wide world.

cmoore

Well, I guess the picture was too big. Anyway, his name is Porkchop. He's a short hair midi. He goes about 13.5 pounds. We are trying to get him under 13 right now. The little guy would eat himself stupid if we let him. He's the best dog that's ever owned me.

garyd

One of ours eats like that. The vet suggested to give him the correct amount of food for the desired weight and supplement that with frozen green beans. Minimal calories, no additives, and he loves them. He is a much healthier weight now, and has a ton more energy. Good luck.ccccccccccccccc

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome! I have 2 double dapple mini shorthairs and they both would weigh 30 lbs if I let them lol. Boo was fat when I adopted him but he lost all the excess weight within a year. Portion control and a low carb, high protein, high fibre diet.

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK.

I have a dachshund cross who isn't food orientated at all (this made training a bit more difficult as even sausages wouldn't do the trick!

And a six month old dachshund who eats everything....and I mean EVERYTHING! she even tries to get the chewing gum off pavements, eats all the plants in the garden, loves coal if she can get it...in fact I haven't found anything she wont eat yet, so I have a feeling controlling her weight is going to be a problem for the future.

I love garyd's suggestion of the frozen beans.

cmoore

Yea Porkchop will eat anything and everything as well. He does stop when an onion falls on the floor but for everything else he's just like a trout to a fly. I will throw him a green bean or other small piece of plant life every so often.