Help! Archie is eating out skirting boards and drywall!

appius

Hey everyone! Our mini dachshund Archie has taken to eating our drywall. It is mainly concentrated on the corners of the walls in our downstairs landing where he lives during the day. We have had to pay to get it fixed recently and dont want to have it happen again when it is fixed. We have tried using cayenne pepper on the wall but it has not seemed to stop it. We would greatly appreciate any advice. He has a range of toys which we rotate for him.

Thanks in advance!

Penny

Hi there! I see no one has stopped by and said hello. How old is Archie? The little guy in your avatar is very cute.
My only suggestion is to wake up a bit earlier and give him some exercise. If you are feeding kibble, put some of his breakfast in a treat ball so he has to push the treat ball around to get it. Can you take him around the block before you leave?

Engli with a treat ball getting her breakfast...

mariethebee

Have you tried the bitter spray they have at petsmart. It works for my dogs when they were puppies, they don't do it anymore. I think its just a puppy phase. The treat ball sounds like a great idea.