Hello from a Yorkie owner

Docmartin

A Succesful Failure
Hello everyone. We have a little girl Yorkie, aged 14 months - definitely Mummy's girl nowadays since my ability to walk far became restricted a few months back. We live overlooking the sea in a spacious top floor apartment. In addition I have a house-boat on the Broads and am seeking a spiritual companion for my changed circumstances.

Perhaps someone enjoying a warm lap, a comfortable uncomplicated routine, lots of love and attention. They would need to share with a fun loving little Yorkie, whilst having breaks alone with Dad on the River? My wife and I have our separate rooms and I'm quite happy to share all night accompaniment. So the two dogs would have their own space as well as hopefully the fun of each other's company. Being happily retired, I can give my full time to both creatures.

Does this scenario seem suitable to a 'Mini' Dachs - are they soulful accompaniment?

Many thanks...

Martin

Nell

Hi and welcome from Hertfordshire!

I think an older dachshund would be very glad of a warm lap and some loving! probably not best to get a pup though as even though they are small they can be quite wilful and do need a fair bit of exercise!

There is a closed group on face book "Dachshunds Needing Homes (UK)" If you request to join I am sure they will be pleased to add you to the group. You could also try Preloved or Pets4homes as they often have adds for older dogs.

Dachshunds are wonderful dogs, real characters, I too have a rescue and all mine bring me joy everyday. I just know your forever companion is out there and he or she will be sooo glad they have found you!

crystalclear1027

Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania!!!! My life would not be the same without a dachshund!!! They are very loyal and love a warm lap to sit on and give you all the attention.