Doxies stole my heart

gmcdragster83

The first love of my life was a chiweenie and her personality was great. Being raised around chihuahuas I figured that her personality was from the dachshund side so I rescued a little boy the day before thanksgiving and acquired a female a few days ago off of Craigslist. Fortunately they are both fixed and house broken :D. They are surely where the personality came from and I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

gmcdragster83

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new babies. Well done rescuing. :)
Thank you. I recently found that we had a Dachshund rescue on the south side of town and when you get your doxie they are fixed, micro chipped, and they give you all of the health records they have for the dog. It was a good deal. The other one that I acquired came from a large family where a few of the children would try to lift her by her neck to carry her around. They were reluctant to get rid of her but thankfully they did.

Doxmom

Congrats on your new family GMC! They are absolutely precious. There are plenty of soulmates here - I think doxies have stolen *all* our hearts! Welcome to the forum!

NalaOscar

I was also raised around chihuahuas and love them. We currently have a Shelty female, chihuahua male, and 2 chiweenie babies. Oscar and Nala are almost 7 months old! I can't believe it! We also believe their personalities are purely doxie. Oscar is known for his 'talking' -- not a chi trait. He also watches television. He is a 1-boy dog. Nala is just very laid-back and sweet.

Lou Ellen

gmcdragster83

Well I get my children every other week and they got to meet the pups yesterday. Needless to say my female doxie does not like my son at all. The male warmed up pretty quick but if my son came within 5 feet of me she went crazy. It reminds me of my mom's dogs when i was little but a lot of that had to do with the way that my dad and I teased them constantly. She is in my lap every opportunity that she gets so i guess my son will just have to establish a perimeter around us when we are together. ;)

By the way my children are teenagers. I didn't want anyone to think I was talking about an infant. :eek: