dog size

tunis

Hi, I am new on here, my name is Tunis, I knit dog jumpers for a pet rescue. Would be grateful if anyone could give me measurements for a Daschund. I need the length from neck to bottom and the chest measurement for a standard Daschund also a miniature Daschund.:)

Nell

Hi Tunis and welcome to the site from the UK!

Sizes is a bit difficult as I have found they vary quite a bit. There are some free knitting patterns on line for Dachshunds so you could always be guided by the sizes they use.

Please post a picture though when you have finished one, I would love to see what design you use.

Penny

Dachshunds range from 8 lbs to 35 lbs so there's a great difference in size. Then they can be over weight so the length doesn't change but their roundness does.

tunis

Hi, I am new on here, my name is Tunis, I knit dog jumpers for a pet rescue. Would be grateful if anyone could give me measurements for a Daschund. I need the length from neck to bottom and the chest measurement for a standard Daschund also a miniature Daschund.:)
Think I worded my question wrong...meant to say what is the length from neck to beginning of tail (feel a bit stupid now :D ) I have already knit a Daschund jumper but it looks very long 15" am I anywhere near.I have googled the question but I`m only getting the weight and the height not the length.

Nell

Hi Tunis

If it helps I have just bought my (7 month) dachshund a 14" coat, she is quite a small mini so 15" sounds about right to me for an adult mini.