Do you have a dachshund club?

vizzla

Hello,

Do you have a dachshund club, local or national?

In sweden we have the dachshund club for registered dachshunds. Im asked to be the secretery of our local division.:) I find it exiting! The dachshund club has a purpose to inform about the breed and work for healthy breeding, great dogs that still have their speciall skills intact.

I have notised that many in this forum has shelter dogs. So nice of you to care for these dogs! In sweden we dont have that same problem. There are backyard breeders but not in that volume, all dogs gets homes.

What do you think is the most important thing to spread about our beloved doxies?

/Vizzla

Doxmom

Hi, Vizzla~

I'm new to the breed as you know. Very important to know is that exercise is necessary. Even though the doxie is relatively small, he is still a sporty dog that needs exercise.

What I love is the loyalty, love and how funny this breed is! They are naturally happy dogs that love to please. Also, low maintenance with regard to grooming. I love that, too!!

Inkeri

We have national and local dachshund clubs in Finland for registered dogs too. :) I'm also a member of both.

I just got Manu's back x-rayed on monday (haven't received the official results yet) and heard that the national dachshund club will give me money for doing so. How cool is that! :) They want to encourage ppl to check their dogs esp. if they're going to breed and that's one way of doing it. :)

Nola, I love your photos!

I see your dog is swimming with the leash in the last one. Is someone on the other end of that leash, frantically trying to keep up?

nola

Nola, I love your photos!

I see your dog is swimming with the leash in the last one. Is someone on the other end of that leash, frantically trying to keep up?
Haha, nah. I can't imagine trying to hold her leash while she swims! I call her my otter-Dox.:D I just have her drag her leash at the beach; she's off leash 95% of the time we're there.

That's another thing I tell people; that Dachshunds are 100% trainable and VERY smart! Nola knows about 120 words and cues. :D

Inkeri

That's another thing I tell people; that Dachshunds are 100% trainable and VERY smart! Nola knows about 120 words and cues. :D
That is so true! :) I play the word game with Manu sometimes; I say "Where's the bunny?" and he brings me the bunny-toy etc. He knows all his toys by name and remembers the new ones quickly. :D He's also very trainable and loves training.