Any sewing designs?

vizzla

Hello everyone.

I want to sew a new sweater or coat to my dachshund. Do you have any designs or fabrics to inspire me?

This is some of what I done for him...

Attachments

• IMGP2936.jpg
    IMGP2936.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMGP2967.jpg
    IMGP2967.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMGP2940.jpg
    IMGP2940.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMGP2944.jpg
    IMGP2944.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 100
Oh, my gosh, Vizzla, these coats are amazing!!! You are really talented! I love the one with the daschund and paw prints appliques. Sooo cute!! (yes, Wandering Man, I said, 'cute'!!) I like the raincoat, last one, too.

How do you 'size' the pattern? How are you doing the measurements? So creative and fun..:cool:

Thank you! I have never sewed in my life before I got a Dachshund and nothing from the store fits :( So I startet last year to learn!

I always cut a pattern from paper first to fit the dog. I tape it around him (he´s not so fond of it but nicely standing still looking at me with disapointment). When the paper-pattern is fited I start cutting from fabric. They were´nt fitet perfectly on those pics, I adjustet some of them so they fit bettern now.

I did the pawprint from reflecting material just for fun. I thought it would look cooler with pawprints. I want som reflexes on him so everyone can see him in the dark. He is kind of smal.

Everyone I meet loves the "alf" text on him. They see it coming down the road and laugh when we pass them :) "His name is Alf?" "yes it is" "oh that is so cute" :D

Hello everyone.

I want to sew a new sweater or coat to my dachshund. Do you have any designs or fabrics to inspire me?

This is some of what I done for him...

Now I made a new harness.

This is it (im proud since I had to sew it myself when the sewingmashine crashed :( Never done this before.
The text on the leash says: Watch out for dog with reflex material :)

Attachments

• P1010617.jpg
    P1010617.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010618.jpg
    P1010618.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 83
  • P1010620.jpg
    P1010620.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 74
What amazing coats Vizzla!! I am having inspiration (and envy :p) looking at what you did. If at some point you have the time, I would especially like the first one traced out on a paper and mailed to me in Canada!! :D I think I would be able to put something like that together for my crew. I've done the 'same old thing' so often, I wouldn't mind a change.

I don't know if you'll like these, but you never know when inspiration might hit!

This is a flirty little harness...

IMG_0504.jpg

Here's the underneath..
IMG_0497.jpg

Not a harness but a velvet flirty dress with bling at the waist...It's got a heart on the front as though she were wearing a necklace...
IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9069.jpg

Harness with double fleece...
011.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

The orange underneath is shown as edging on the top side..
IMG_1888.jpg

Harness... Top is green with rusty colored oak leaves and matching plaid underneath. The perfect find, acorn buttons you can see on the back to hold the D ring in place. I actually squealed in the fabric store when I saw those. Perfect for a red man...
IMG_0926.jpg

Too much information??? lol

I find that in the summer, if it's getting too warm, I can wet down the harnesses to help keep the dogs cool.

You guys are so good at this... :) Awesome work!!
I found some baby-pics of Manu where he's wearing the one and only coat I ever sewed him. And here's also what the coat was made of... My husbands old pants, of course! :D

Attachments

• 009 (6) - Copy.jpg
    009 (6) - Copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 69
  • manun takki.jpg
    manun takki.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 68
Thank you for liking my things :) Im just starting to learn so its not yet professional quality but he likes it and wont go out without them :D

Im dont know how to make patterns but heres a link to the webpage with the pattern I made the first one from. Maybe you can use it?

Tass & Tyg -

Thanx for that tip Vizzla, I could try making one of those for our junior also. :) My mom likes to knit and she's promised to knit Manu a sweater. :)

Back