a friendly 'hello' to all in here :)

burtram'smommy

Hi :) just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a stay at home mother, I have 5 children, 3 are grown up, and 'do their own thing' , my last 2 are 'Irish twins' my son is a little over 2 years old, my daughter a little under 2 years old :) we have an eight year old chihuahua girl named Cookie, and TODAY I am getting my brand new doxie puppy Burtram!! I am sooo excited !!! I grew up with a dachshund, he was there throughout my whole childhood, he was my best friend, my confidant when I was sad/stressed from school, he was ALWAYS the first to greet me, coming home, and I wanted another dachshund for a long time.
I looked and researched alot about breeders, found out about the horrible puppy mills, located in my state, people TRIED to scam me to buy a puppy 'online'... it goes on and on...even though I REALLY wanted a puppy, I told myself, to take my time! to educate myself, and 'do this right'. I looked into adopting an older dog, but due to the age of my 2 littles, I just didn't feel safe bringing an older dog into our existing family... in the end I found the RIGHT breeder of my new puppy!
a small, but very established breeder, not far from us, where I can meet the doggy parents, see the whole house and grounds, a breeder who knows her pups, cares about them deeply, and raised / socialized them from the very beginning.

so, in 2 hours I will go and meet my new buddy!!

I just wanted to say HELLO to all of you! I will post pics once I have my little Burtrum :)

ps. did I say I'm SOOOO EXCITED??? lol

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK.

No wonder you are excited! a new dachshund pup is the best thing in the world!

Can't wait to see some photos.........

Penny

Hi and Welcome from Canada!
Can't wait to see the photos. What did you decide on for color and coat?