Toys and puzzles, Santa needs help

What will Santa bring? I have been reading reviews on Amazon and getting confused. Some of the items have almost 1000 opinions and of course it depends on the dog if something is successful.

Here is what would be nice: nothing easily destroyed in 5 minutes, so nothing soft and stuffed or weak hard plastic. It would be nice if not noisy, but that is secondary.

Looks like two ways to go. 1) a puzzle-like device where the dog has to push a lever or slide something to get a treat. Good mental stimulation and learning. 2) a treat ball where the dog bats it around and treats/or whole meal of kibble falls out over time. Dog does not have to do math for this type but it does keep them busy.

What have you tried that works with your doxie? Did you have a choice of sizes.

honeysdad

Dog toys

We bought our dachshund several Kong toys. She is very persistent with her attempts to destroy her toys but , so far, all the toys with the exception of the Kong wubba 9see pic. 2 months use) have tolerated her attacks very well. Kong also have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Attachments

crystalclear1027

We gave our dogs a busy bone which you fill with kibble and as they chew on it, kibble falls out and they eat it, they really enjoy it.

favorite toys

Hi, I know Santa has already came and gone, but just seen messeage. Our dogs favorite toy is this by Hartz clean and chew bone.They both just love it.

Attachments

Today we bought an Omega Paw Treat Ball 2.8 inches in diameter. It looked promising because Milo got loose in the car and tore the packaging apart instead of eating a box of granola bars.

At home we filled the ball with 1/3 cup small kibble, about one meal. Still looking like a winner, the dog batted the ball around and ate the kibble that fell out. This took several minutes compared to 15 seconds at the dog bowl.

My mistake was not taking the ball away sooner. When there were still about 3 kibble left in the ball he tried to get at them (or just entertain himself) by chewing a hole in the ball.

Another failure, costing more than a dollar a minute. Onward. Back to the pet store.

Crystalclear: I could not find a "busy bone". Is that the exact name?
Honeysdad: Your Wubba is still in fine shape and looks new compared to ours!