To vaccinate or not?

taylor

I have read a lot of negative research about vaccines and the effects they have on our fur babies from autoimmune diseases to behavioral problems from over vaccinated pets and processed pet foods. That vaccines actually weaken the immune system that in return lead to all sorts of chronic illnesses. What are y'alls thought on this?

Nikky5000

I only get 3 shots puppy shots including parvo and distemper. When they turn 6 months I get rabbies done. They say you can get rabbies done at 4 months but mine seem to get sick from that shot that young but when I take them at 6 months 0 side effects. I also do dewormers on puppies. I don't do bortella shot I think thats how they spell it in all my years of owning and breeding dogs I NEVER once had a dog get that and I take my dogs everywhere we did a road trip to texas with the dogs none of them got sick from anything. Their are some shots you need to get but there are some that you don't need. To me the vets try to run the bill up by making you get all these shots you don't need.:)

Hunter's Parade

In Latvia it is obligatory to vaccinate at least against rabies,each year for show dogs and after 2 or 3 years for others(depends form the vaccine). As I have show dogs I vaccinate them every year,and as I have had vaccinated puppy who got parvo anyway-I do all the vaccines,except for the kennel cough.It's not worth risking.This risk may cost a life.

Nikky5000

Hunter's parade is the kennel cough vaccination bad my vet has been trying to get my dogs vaccinated for it but I just won't do it. Are there risks? With all these shots the vets have now it's hard for me to keep track of all of them.