thoughts on conformation (images)

WaterMarked

planning to show my girl was put off due to college.

she is a LH standard probably the most coat she will be getting.

brindle black and tan female.

i'm still new to stacking a small dog so opinions on that and her structure are desired.
RECENT PICS 1 year old this month

image 1:

image 2:

image 3:
6 months she straightened out a bit more :

also is it normal for a dachshund to when they get board give a lazy back? when she gets board she seems to do this not while shes out running in the yard extbut if i touch her chest or tap it like you would a horse thats sucked in its gut she straightens out.

she climbed up the boxes dont freak...she was being watched no jumping or falling)

image 4:
her at 5 months with the slopping "lazy topline" i was curious if it was normal for them to sometimes do that because she did it alot back then. just a case of puppy uglies maybe?

Last edited:

Hunter's Parade

Is she a black brindle?I see stripes on her "tan"
How old is she?She looks nice,but you should stretch the hind legs more,because now her hips isn't in the same level with shoulders.I'm talking about the last picture,the first looks fine.But the last one gives your dog an anti-advertisement. If I'd see only that picture my opinion would be completely different.
I'm not an expert in telling this without touching,but looks like she has a little too wide angulation in the hind legs(but maybe this is just me),the front looks correct,good chest and head,maybe this is just in pictures,but the back doesn't seem very straight.Maybe this is just her fur or you should let her swim,to help the back get straighter. If I were a judge I would say "excellent",I like her.This is my opinion.

Inkeri

She's so cute! :) I love her head.

My dapple dachsie has "shaded" tans also, but that hasn't affected his dog show results. My other dachsie has light brown eyes and some judges don't like that. :D It's a beauty contest in a way, so it's about opinions. I'd definitely take her to a dogshow! :)

But like HP said, I'd also train how to make her stand hind legs stretched more back to give a better impression when standing.

WaterMarked

oops!

Is she a black brindle?I see stripes on her "tan"
How old is she?She looks nice,but you should stretch the hind legs more,because now her hips isn't in the same level with shoulders.I'm talking about the last picture,the first looks fine.But the last one gives your dog an anti-advertisement. If I'd see only that picture my opinion would be completely different.
I'm not an expert in telling this without touching,but looks like she has a little too wide angulation in the hind legs(but maybe this is just me),the front looks correct,good chest and head,maybe this is just in pictures,but the back doesn't seem very straight.Maybe this is just her fur or you should let her swim,to help the back get straighter. If I were a judge I would say "excellent",I like her.This is my opinion.
yep black and tan brindle the most recent pictures are the ones on the wood table with the greenery background the other two on the blue table are.

5 months with the slopping "lazy topline" i was curious if it was normal for them to sometimes do that because she did it alot back then. just a case of puppy uglies maybe?
6 months in front of the boxes
sorry i thought i put that in there =/

wood table shots were this last week.

she is 1 year old this month.

in the bottom pic with the blue table and just the wall and door background thats hair messing up the topline

she tends to keep a ruff of fur on or just below the shoulder i try and keep it brushed now because it does look funky at times.

will work on the back legs i do believe she is lacking some angulation back there or is narrow i have spent far to long trying to determine that lol

my family have been asking why i am constantly staring at her arse end good to know i'm not the only one seeing something a bit off back there!

i will go back and time edit photos

thank you!

Hunter's Parade

This looks good,I mean the hind,but you should stretch the neck a little up,then the chest will show better and the neck will look longer.But she has an impressive chest!

Hunter's Parade

This looks good,I mean the hind,but you should stretch the neck a little up,then the chest will show better and the neck will look longer,like in my profile picture.That also helps to straighten the back more.
This is how I do it.I need a show lead,later when the dog is trained I can do it without it,and I need a treat,that makes them focus,and when they focus they somehow stack better them selves.First I pick up the front,by the chest and slowly put the dog down,this makes the legs be perpendicular to the ground,then grab the leash and hold it so the dog has to hold its head up,put hind legs in the correct position and then put treat in front of it,so he can't reach it,but sees it,count to the 10-give it,again count to ten-give it,later when it knows what I want I try counting to 15,20 and so on,and I have a gesture for stacking-it's on lifted finger,while I hold it they know they have to stack.

WaterMarked

This looks good,I mean the hind,but you should stretch the neck a little up,then the chest will show better and the neck will look longer,like in my profile picture.That also helps to straighten the back more.
This is how I do it.I need a show lead,later when the dog is trained I can do it without it,and I need a treat,that makes them focus,and when they focus they somehow stack better them selves.First I pick up the front,by the chest and slowly put the dog down,this makes the legs be perpendicular to the ground,then grab the leash and hold it so the dog has to hold its head up,put hind legs in the correct position and then put treat in front of it,so he can't reach it,but sees it,count to the 10-give it,again count to ten-give it,later when it knows what I want I try counting to 15,20 and so on,and I have a gesture for stacking-it's on lifted finger,while I hold it they know they have to stack.
thanks ! i will give this a shot =D

WaterMarked

dear lord this is still the most recent topic in this section O.O

i admit to some surprise.
she has matured alot since then thought i would share.
sorry it really is hard to get pics without help.