Serious question

MamaRaven

Ok, so I thought I caught my Lilly's first heat pretty fast & watched her closely, had a diaper w/cover on her when I had to leave home & did everything I thought I did good.
Well, here is my question. This happened the first week of April & now I have noticed some changes in her behavior as well as small mounds under her nipples as well as she feels like she has a softball in her lower tummy.
What are the chances that she may have mated before I realized she was in heat?
How likely is it that a male just barley 8 months old would be mature enough to successfully breed her?
This was not my plan but I ended up in the hospital when I was scheduled to have them sprayed & neutered so this caught us off guard.

Ok, so I thought I caught my Lilly's first heat pretty fast & watched her closely, had a diaper w/cover on her when I had to leave home & did everything I thought I did good.
Well, here is my question. This happened the first week of April & now I have noticed some changes in her behavior as well as small mounds under her nipples as well as she feels like she has a softball in her lower tummy.
What are the chances that she may have mated before I realized she was in heat?
How likely is it that a male just barley 8 months old would be mature enough to successfully breed her?
This was not my plan but I ended up in the hospital when I was scheduled to have them sprayed & neutered so this caught us off guard.
I'd take her to your vet. An 8 month old male is old enough to mate.