Rescued Dachshund in Georgia

Georgiapeach

I got a call Friday that a standard dachshund pup who's 4-5 months old needed a new foster home b/c he was showing WAY too much interest in the current foster mom's elderly cats. She'd had a previous doxie foster who killed one of her cats, and it brought back sad memories and understandable anxiety for her.

So.... enter Max into my home - sans cats. He had been adopted, but returned I think, because of house training issues - imagine that?!? Max is now in Beth's Boot Camp, majoring in Potty Training 101 - lol!

He's really a neat guy, currently 15 pounds, happy-go-lucky, eats like a maniac (I've started spreading out his kibble in a large dog bowl to slow him down a little), he plays well with my other dogs (although my queen B, Maddie is having to patiently teach him some doggie manners he missed along the way, pertaining to his sharp puppy teeth!), and he absolutely loves his toys. After a good play session, he chills quietly next to me on the couch or in his crate near the couch. He likes being near his humans, for sure!

I've had dogs all my life, but this is my first dachshund, so I have lots to learn. I've read a lot this weekend on them, finding out they're stubborn, hard to potty train, fiercely loyal, and territorial. Since I've had several boxers, this sounds very familiar, but in a smaller package!

After some training, I'm hoping Max can find his perfect furever home!!