Questions about owning a puppy

Monkeymooe

Hello all,
We're really keen on adopting a miniature dachshund puppy. We've read lots about their health, likes, dislikes, character etc. but one thing we are still unsure of is how much time they would be happy left alone? We both work full time, being out of the house from 7:30am - 6:15pm each day. Initially this wouldn't be the case as we wouldn't want our new puppy upset or distressed, but at what point can you start leaving them for longer during the day?

Please help! We would absolutely love to own one, but wouldn't want to do so if it would spend most of its life unhappy.

Thanks!

vizzla

Dachshund are more bound to their family than other breeds so dont leave them alone for long periods of time.

In sweden it illigal to leave a dog under 4 months of age at all due to the physical damages it does.

My adult dachshund only stands 3 hours. After that he gets angsious I would never leave him in that state. So my parants in law has them while we are at work so they dont have to be home alone.

You need to train them for beeing left alone so they know you are comming back. I would look up Kikopup on Youtube - she has great videos about puppytraining.

Good luck!