Question about Isabella pups

Marrisa

We are currently looking to get a second dachshund to add to our family. I found one available in a few weeks not too far from my location, cute puppies, nice looking parents. Her color is Isabella tan. I did a little research, and I keep seeing CDA mentioned with regards to the Isabella color. Is this something that might happen, or something that WILL happen? I'm concerned, because I don't want to get a new puppy, fall in love with her, and have her get sick. I know it's always a possibility, but I'm just trying to figure out if it is likely or not. Thanks to anyone who can give me advice on this!

Marrisa

I love the creams myself also the chocolate & tan. I may be wrong but it usually is the dilutes, like the blue and tan dilutes and the Isabella and tan doxies that are prone to CDA. I don't think a true English Cream would carry it. Can you look at the parents and see what their coats look like? One of my boys had an English Cream dad and he has a beautiful semi long coat. If you are looking for a lighter colored pup check out the English Creams. They are beautiful. Heck, they are all beautiful.
Have you spoken to the breeder about your concerns?

Marrisa

Here are the pictures I've received from the woman selling the pups. I haven't yet asked her about CDA or anything, but we are planning on going to see the pups in person on the 24th. I'll have a chance to check out the parents in person, also. She also sent pictures of a couple pups from the same parents from a previous breeding. Same type of coloring, the tan nose, etc.

Tikki

I must admit that I do not know much about Dachshund colouring but those puppies look blue to me. I have been reading up on CDA not having heard of it before, and it sounds most unpleasant. Whether it is something that might happen, or something that will happen to those pups, cannot be said for certain, but if a blue is more prone to CDA then I would pass it up.

Is the puppy you are interested in the last photo? They look blue to me also. Are you buying from a person that advertised over the internet? Can you ask breeder if you can speak to any previous buyers? If you are really concerned I'd stay away and keep looking. I knew of a lady that had a blue and she had to keep the dog in sweaters all the time. Also had constant skin infections from CDA.
It's good you are doing research in advance. There are a few red flags here so I would really be careful.
Are you set on a puppy? Would you consider a rescue as there are so many dachshunds that need a loving home.