Puppies!

crystall80

I haven't been on in a while! My girl is pregnant again! She was bred last month. She is doing great and we go in 2 weeks to get x-rays to count the pups. She is a tweenie at 13 pounds at her normal size. She is much larger this time around and still has 18 days to go in the pregnancy. Question is this, last time she had 10 puppies, has anyone had more than 10 pups in a litter? I was hoping for a much smaller litter this time, but I don't think it is going to happen. Same stud as the last litter, and she is going to the vet Thursday for a check up :)

Nell

Hi, 10 puppies is a BIG litter for a dachshund! The biggest litter I have ever had was 12 and that was from a Pointer.

Did you have to supplement last time? at 13 pounds Mum must take an awful beating with 10. Hope everything goes well for you and can't wait to see the pictures!

GJBain

I haven't been on in a while! My girl is pregnant again! She was bred last month. She is doing great and we go in 2 weeks to get x-rays to count the pups. She is a tweenie at 13 pounds at her normal size. She is much larger this time around and still has 18 days to go in the pregnancy. Question is this, last time she had 10 puppies, has anyone had more than 10 pups in a litter? I was hoping for a much smaller litter this time, but I don't think it is going to happen. Same stud as the last litter, and she is going to the vet Thursday for a check up :)
The mother of our new puppy Brandy had 11 puppies. Standard smooth haired. 2 males and 9 females.

crystall80

She was 13 pounds and got up to 20 during pregnancy. All pups were healthy except for the runt. We bottle fed him for several weeks, but he passed :( The other pups did very well and we did not have to supplement food at all, we just rotated them off and on. She was up to 16 pounds this time when she got pregnant, is is already 21 pounds :( I will try to attache some pics of the last litter later! We have a vet visit today for a checkup, 16 more days until puppies!

Nikky5000

Did she have the puppies? How many were on the x-ray? Mine is expecting a litter this will be her 3rd litter. The waiting is killing me :)