Picture bomb!

vizzla

Today the ice is strong enought to walk on! We are so happy, now we can move around more and go for a carride out to the islands around city :)
Happy wintertime! The only sad thing is that the light (sun) is up only for about a few hours... Just after lunchtime it goes down...

How is wintertime for you? Do you have sun at all december-january? We dont. Hardly. Like for one hour at moste... Dark all the time. But we have daylight 24 h during summer så it evens out :)

Attachments

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Great shots!

You must be alot furthee North than I am. It is light at about 8am and dark by 5pm. We've had a TON of snow already tho. Nearly 70cm (28") in the first 3 weeks of November... unheard of here. My doxies don't do snow, but here's a pic of Oliver in the snow

And one of Munch

sherlock

What great photos you guys! Deafdogs, I can't believe Munch wears a jacket! Any cat I've ever known would think it was the worst thing in the world and refuse to move, haha! But he looks SO pretty in that photo!!

Here in north Texas (I'm just north of Dallas) we're under our first winter storm watch of the season (a bit earlier this year than usual, it seems.) It's around freezing outside and it's been sprinkling all day, but no ice yet. It's supposed to snow/ice overnight and in the morning, but I'm hoping it isn't too bad because I really need to go to work tomorrow.

Right now for us the sun comes up around 7ish, and sets a little before 5:30. I can't imagine having it dark all the time!!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I think Munch is ok with the coat because he's been trained to walk in a harness on a leash. A friend photoshoped the leash out of the pic, but he was on a leash in the pic lol. He did walk a little funny tho. And then he went face first in the deep soft snow on the other side of the ploughed pile and headed for home in a heck of a hurry... you think dogs pull on a leash? Wow can he pull if he wants to! Lol

Nell

@ Deafdogs, love the picture of Munch!!

Here in the UK it is getting light about 7a.m and is dark by 4p.m, we get plenty of sunshine in the winter months and where I live nearer the south not much snow till after Christmas.

We don't cope well with snow in England! lol! were just not geared up for it, yet it happens every year! First time it snows everything grinds to a halt, and I do mean everything, the roads are impassable, the trains stop, airports are closed, all the schools close and the country stops!

The year before last after a particularly heavy snow fall a journey that usually takes me 15mins took me 41/2 hours. We don't have snow tyres in the UK so the cars just slip and slide and end up being abandoned blocking the roads.

We really are pathetic when it comes to snow, or maybe we just all love an excuse not to turn up for work lol!

sherlock

We don't cope well with snow in England! lol! were just not geared up for it, yet it happens every year! First time it snows everything grinds to a halt, and I do mean everything, the roads are impassable, the trains stop, airports are closed, all the schools close and the country stops!
That sounds like Texas! As soon as it starts coming down everyone freaks...if it builds up to a couple inches the schools will be closed, etc. And no one has tire chains or anything, so it all basically shuts down!

jarredfeet

We are so jealous with your so much snow up there, those are wonderful snow photos and lovely faces having so much fun playing with the white stuff.

crystalclear1027

No snow in Pennsylvania yet! We are suppose to get some on Sunday, then change to rain! Our dogs don't want to go outside in nasty weather. Love those pics, looks like they are enjoying themselves.

vizzla

We dont like the cold though, its -30 C! Both dogs limping. We have bought them shoes so now they are fully dressed :)

Nell

We dont like the cold though, its -30 C! Both dogs limping. We have bought them shoes so now they are fully dressed :)
-30C!!! oh my goodness, I don't know how you manage. Are your heating bills really high? the cost of gas and electricity has soared in the UK recently, I spend about £20 a week on just electricity and I only have a small house!

No wonder you have to buy shoes for the dogs but I bet they look very cute.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
-30 is nothing... it was -49 with the wind chill last week... -38C actual temp... and lo and behold... MORE SNOW! Another 10-15cm (4-6") forcasted for tonight...

I have lied to everyone... telling people we dont get alot of snow here... we've had more than 3ft already!