Pet Insurance

Dahlia

What do you all think about pet insurance? People at work think I'm crazy, but i feel with Dachshunds it's logical.

I'm currently with TruPanion and i pay 64$ a month. It does not include any dental or wellness, but they said it covers hereditary conditions which most insurance doesn't. They will cover 90% of any cost for any treatments she may need. Even for cancer and they said there was no limit.

Dahlia is 1, and I see a bunch of people who have had heath issues, And i just want to make sure I'm covered.

What are your thoughts on Pet Insurance?

JPsMOM

I have thought about it a million times myself. I have read pros and cons. Some say it would be better to create a health insurance fund, like a savings account just for health care for your pet. Depending on how much you put back a week/month you could pretty quickly get quite a bit in a short amount of time as opposed to paying a monthly fee for something you don't use most months. I personally don't have pet insurance. Care Credit covers pet care as well, which isn't insurance per se, but a lower rate (maybe) credit card for health care costs. My mother uses that. I just pay out of pocket for now and plan to start a savings.