Our puppy fell out of our truck

Jason&Angela

My wife opened the back door of my truck where our two puppies where but didn't realize that one of them had her front paws on the door. So when she opened it she fell out. She didn't yip at all. But now a couple hours have gone by and she is just laying around and walks kinda stiff. Also when you go to pick her up sometimes she yips a little. Do you think she'll be okay until Monday when we can get her to the vet? Also any tips on what we may try to make het feel better until we can get her to the vet?

She is a mini dachshund and is 13 weeks old.

Qtrpony

I would try to get into the vet tomorrow. Unless she go down hill. Check her gums and make sure they are pink and wet. Make sure she is eating, drinking and peeing/pooping. Puppies are pretty tough, but don't ignore your gut feeling. If her breathing, if it goes up, take her in.

Good luck and give her a kiss for me

My wife opened the back door of my truck where our two puppies where but didn't realize that one of them had her front paws on the door. So when she opened it she fell out. She didn't yip at all. But now a couple hours have gone by and she is just laying around and walks kinda stiff. Also when you go to pick her up sometimes she yips a little. Do you think she'll be okay until Monday when we can get her to the vet? Also any tips on what we may try to make het feel better until we can get her to the vet?

She is a mini dachshund and is 13 weeks old.
How is she doing?

vizzla

Oh so sorry to hear that. Hope she be ok. I wouldnt wait. I would see a vet today.

Thats why you always should keep your dog in a cage in the car or with a dog-seatbelt.

Good luck!