Opinions/feedback on adopting a 3rd dachshund

rebeccaab0219

So my boyfriend and I currently have 2 dachshunds, ages 4 (Perro) and 2 (Mylo), both males. Before we had Mylo, we had a female dachshund, Mia. She passed away about about year ago from an auto immune disorder, a few months later, we added Mylo. Now, about a year and a half after adopting mylo, we are considering adding a female to the pack. We are currently considering a 3 year girl. All are spayed/neutered.

I am just looking for opinions from those with 3 doxies (or more), especially those who have two males and a female. I suppose I am just worried because it will be a big change. I guess what I am asking is, Is this a good idea? I know individual personalities is a big factor in how the situation will work out. But how different is life with 3 compared to life with 2. I hope this somewhat makes sense! Thanks!

So my boyfriend and I currently have 2 dachshunds, ages 4 (Perro) and 2 (Mylo), both males. Before we had Mylo, we had a female dachshund, Mia. She passed away about about year ago from an auto immune disorder, a few months later, we added Mylo. Now, about a year and a half after adopting mylo, we are considering adding a female to the pack. We are currently considering a 3 year girl. All are spayed/neutered.

I am just looking for opinions from those with 3 doxies (or more), especially those who have two males and a female. I suppose I am just worried because it will be a big change. I guess what I am asking is, Is this a good idea? I know individual personalities is a big factor in how the situation will work out. But how different is life with 3 compared to life with 2. I hope this somewhat makes sense! Thanks!

I had 4 at one point, 3 boys and 1 girl. They all did fine. After we lost our girl back in Aug. we adopted a little 6 year old female maltese that needed a home. She adapted very will and has taken over just like our doxie girl did.

I'd take the boys for a meet & greet and see how it goes. I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks for saving her.