Newbie from Arkansas

Dottie

Hi, I'm Kim from Arkansas, USA. My dachshund, Dottie, is 7 (almost 8) years old. She was a surprise gift from a friend on Christmas day when she was 8 weeks old. I had never had a dachshund before, but she has stolen my heart, and I now have a soft spot for all doxies. :D Dottie's personality can be sassy when she wants something, but she is 100% sweetness and love.

She has IVDD and has been paralyzed twice. She recovered (almost) fully both times, the first time with surgery, and the second time without. She's doing great now, with just a little residual weakness, but the untrained eye would never know it. We hope and pray she never has another episode.

That's about all I can think of to tell you for now. I hope to get to know other doxie lovers like us! You can see pictures of Dottie at her social media accounts in my signature.

Penny

Hi and Welcome from Canada!
I wish I had a friend like that. lol Dottie is a real cutie pie. Thank you for taking such good care of her, especially with her back episodes. I know how tough that is to get through.