New puppy

Penny

This is Jemma, our new red pie puppy, sitting with Georgia...

Jemma chewing on her puppy teething bone. Love her stretched out back legs.
She likes to go under stuff. lol

CaseyKC

Penny, Jemma is adorable. From the photo, it appears that she and Georgia are
best friends. Was it difficult to introduce a sweet young thing to your other dogs?

Penny

They have been around other doxies over the years since we have meet ups in our city, although not that often. Georgia is pretty easy going and she's been missing a buddy since Engli died in Feb. Beau I knew would not like a puppy. He never liked the girls horsing around, he used to run away from that, or come and complain to me. They always played in a gentle way too, so he's just like that. When the puppy comes out, he's more than happy to go into his kennel and be away from that silliness.

Do you have meet ups? During the summer is the perfect time to try to get people to come out to a park for a walk. Maybe even a small dog walk might be in your area.

CaseyKC

Penny, I am so sorry to hear that Engli went to the Bridge. You have my complete sympathy for your loss. Over the years I enjoyed reading about her and the rest of your dachshund family in this forum and a previous one.

Sadly, there are no longer meet up groups in my area. There is a group in Boston, 60 miles one way,but they meet on Boston Common, right in the middle of the city. Traffic and parking are a nightmare! We made the trip a few times, but the traffic and parking were so awful that all I did was worry about the return trip, so we no longer attend.

Several years ago there was a dachshund rescue/meet up group in our area that Libby and I participated in. I mostly contributed craft items for fund raising, did transports during our annual vacation if a dog was going to a forever home along our route, and Libby was an enthusiastic and accomplished hot dog tidbit grabber from the bottom of a child's swimming pool filled with water in the games part of the meet ups. She did her part in fundraising by selling kisses for 10 cents each. One time she raised almost fifteen dollars. That is a lot of kisses! Unfortunately the humans in this group were older people and over the years, many have made the journey to the rainbow bridge to reunite with their dachshunds who went before them. When we were left with only six human members, we disbanded.