New Member! :)

cindyg

Hi everyone!
I have always loved doxies and finally was able to adopt one a few months ago! He is an adorable dappled miniature short hair.

We got him in such an odd way, the woman we got him from only had him a week because her husband had been at an outdoor swapmeet in Vegas (gets well over 100 degrees in the summer) and offered the previous owner $200 for him as a bluff when talking and telling him the pup was jumping because the road was too hot for his paws. Meaning only to give the guy some advice, the guy found him again later and accepted the offer saying the pup would have a better home that way. This landed him with one dog over local legal allowances because he already had 2 labs at home. He was posted on a local yardsale page for the $200 they paid. I saw him and instantly fell in love!

My husband's only request was that he got to name him, so he is Schatzi after the doxie on That 70's Show. All the information we got was that his name was Slinky (Toy Story) and he was 8 weeks old. No clue on shots or anything, a guess on age, and that he was a miniature.

That of course didn't stop us and we adore him! He is 6 months old now and very sweet, always wanting to cuddle and loves playing with my 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old. He is also obcessed with burrowing in my bed and chasing tennis balls. :)

Attachments

Penny

Hi and welcome from Canada!
Boy you've got a whole bunch of cuteness at your place! Love the photos.